Monday, August 23, 2010

She's a Diva: PTU Tut


For this tutorial, you’ll need a working knowledge of PSP.

I’m using PSP 9 but any version should work.

This tutorial is my own and any resemblance to any other is purely coincidental.

Supplies for this tutorial:

PSP (any version)

Scrap kit of choice.

I’m using the PTU kit: “She’s a Diva” from Angel’s Designz.
This is an awesome kit! Thanks Kelly!!!

You can get her kits here: http://angelsdesignz.blogspot.com/


Tube of choice: (with a close-up) I’m using the wonderful work of Elias Chatzoudis.

This is a tube you MUST have a license to use. Don’t use his tubes without a license!

You can find them here: http://www.mypsptubes.com/


Open your canvas. I’m starting with 800x600 (you can trim it later)

Use your ellipse tool to make a circle. Foreground black, background null.

Width 10. Center your circle in your canvas.>Convert to raster layer.

Copy & paste your tube where you would like it on top of the circle.

Select your circle layer>duplicate>move this OVER your tube layer

Erase any part of the circle covering your tube that you don’t want covered.

Select your tube layer.> delete any excess tube outside of your circle layer

Add drop shadow to your tube layer. I’m using 2/4/67/8.00

Select your circle layer under your tube

Using the magic wand, click inside the circle. >Add new layer>

Selections>Modify>Expand>2

Copy paper of your choice (I used paper8) Paste INTO selection

Move your paper layer UNDER your circle layer.

Add drop shadow to your circle layer that is under your tube.
Select none.

Copy the close-up of your tube. Select your paper layer>Edit>Paste close-up as new layer.

Mirror your close-up and adjust the size to fit into your circle.>Delete any excess.


Change the blend mode of your tube layer to Luminance Legacy

Add your drop shadow.

Now for your elements:

Copy circular word art. Paste as new layer on top of your tube layer.

Adjust it using the raster deform tool to fit on the circle you made.

Adjust>sharpen.

Duplicate this layer> Move copied word art under your tube layer.

Select your original word art layer>Erase any that covers your tube.

Add drop shadow to the top word art.

Select any other elements you want to add.

Copy>paste> adjust and arrange on your tag as you want them.

I used the pink butterfly.>Resized using raster deform tool>

Adjust>sharpen>Added white outline>added drop shadow.

Silver swirl>copy>paste behind all other layers.

Duplicated this layer. Flipped>Mirrored.

Use your selection tool to crop your tag down.

Now re-size to where you want it.

(Mine is 500x413)

Merge visible>Adjust>Sharpen

Add your copyright info.

Add your name.

Save as .png image for transparent background.

Viola! Finished! Easy enough right!

Hope you enjoyed this tut.

If you made anything, please email me your creations to be featured here on my blog!

0 comments :

Old Temps

Older templates can be downloaded HERE
Background created by Sarah-Scrap kit by Just So Scrappy. Powered by Blogger.

CU Licenses

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

I ♥

My Blinkies

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

-Follow Me!-

Follow Me on Pinterest

My TOU

By downloading any of my items, you agree to the following TOU: All items I provide on this blog are my own creations. Any resemblance to another product is strictly coincidental. Please do not share anything I create! Do not claim as your own. Give credit where it is due! If you use them for challenges, please link back to my blog. If you use them in tutorials, please link back to my blog. If you use any of my creations, I would love to see it!! Feel free to email them to me, anytime & I will display them on my blog!! Blog: http://sarahstagsthings.blogspot.com/ My Email: Smcmanus44@gmail.com Thank you!!